The Instructor Training Course (ITC) will prepare you pass a 2 day Instructor Examination conducted right here on Koh Tao. SSI evaluates to a much higher standard than other diving agencies requiring a passing score of at least 90% in the 100 question, multiple choice, final exam, two 15 minute academic presentations, a full rescue assessment including O2 administration and CPR, a swim test, then on-the-spot open water and pool presentations over 2 full days.
Despite this, we proudly boast a 100% success rate for all our previous candidates and offer a guaranteed pass or we cover the costs if you need to be re-evaluated at a later date.
After the ITC you will be an Open Water Instructor and a Specialty instructor, and certified to teach
- Snorkel Diver
- Try Scuba Diving (pool and open water)
- Open Water Diver
- Advanced Adventurer
- Perfect Buoyancy Specialty
- Enriched Air Nitrox Specialty
- Diver Stress and Rescue
- Dive Guide
- NEW React Right and O2
How long does it take?
Courses take 14 days and start every month. Check out our schedule here for up and coming ITC dates.
What does it cost?
- Instructor Training Course -35000 THB
- SSI fees and materials - 33290THB
- Total – 68290THB including all processing, admin fees and your dues for the calendar year
* please note there would be an additional 950THB for non SSI divemasters joining the ITC.
- Be at least 18yrs old
- Have a Total Diving System of professional type and quality
- Have a current medical exam for scuba diving signed by a licensed medical practitioner
- Be certified as a divemaster from any recognised agency
- Logged at least 100 open water dives
- Provide and maintain certification of current training in First Aid, CPR and O2 administration
Book the Open Water Instructor Course
* You can do this through our sister site, by clicking above!
There’s no denying that dive instructors have really awesome jobs… and a majority of them came to Koh Tao, fell in love with the paradise, and never left! There’s absolutely nothing preventing you from doing exactly the same thing, and with Big Blue Pro you can become a Scuba Schools International (SSI) instructor in a matter of weeks.
If you are already a Dive Master, you can become an SSI instructor in only 14 days for 64890 THB, which includes all the materials, training, Instructor Exam and fees. As currently there are more positions available than SSI instructors, jobs are waiting for you!
The Big Blue dive resort on the island of Koh Tao, Thailand, offers first class instructor training as well as unlimited free fun diving, discounts in the bar and restaurant and the opportunity to team-teach with instructors on courses to gain experience and certifications. Freelance work is always available to graduates of the Instructor Training Course as well as team-teaching.
Book the Instructor Development
Click Here To Book Your Course >>>
* You can do this through our sister site, secure payments are possible by clicking above!